Prices incl. GST
Out of Stock.
- Product Code: Adafruit-482
- MPN: 482
These chrome-plated metal buttons are rugged and look real good while doing it! Simply drill a 16mm hole into any material up to 1/2" thick and you can fit these in place, there's even a rubber gasket to keep water out of the enclosure. On the front of the button is a flat metal actuator, surrounded by a green plastic LED ring. On the back there are 3 contacts for the button (common, normally-open and normally-closed) and 2 for the green LED ring (+ and -). Connect 3 to 6V to the LED to have it light up nicely, there's a built in resistor! If you want to use this with a higher voltage, say 12V or 24V, simply add a 470 ohm resistor in series with the LED connection to keep the LED current at around 20mA.
This button is an on/off switch button, when you press it the 'normally-open' contact shorts to the common contact and the button stays 'pressed'. When you press it a second time, the button springs open, and the contacts open up again.
The switch and LED are separated, so you could wire it to turn on when pressed or vice versa or whatever you wish! Check the tech details for information!
- Drill hole diameter: 16mm
- Switch rating: 3A / 250VDC
- Switch contacts: 1 NO, 1 NC
- Material: Chrome-plated brass
- Contact resistance: < 50 mOhm
- Insulation resistance: > 1000 Mohm
- Temperature: -20 C to +55 C
- Mechanical life: > 500,000
- Electrical life: > 50,000
- Panel thickness: 1-13mm
- Operating pressure: 1.5 - 2.5 N
- Operating stroke: 2mm
- Lamp rated voltage: 6V