Prices incl. GST
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays.
1 in stock
- Product Code: Pololu-3132
- MPN: 3132
The Tic T834 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller makes basic control of a stepper motor easy, with quick configuration over USB using our free software. The controller supports six control interfaces: USB, TTL serial, I²C, analog voltage (potentiometer), quadrature encoder, and hobby radio control (RC). This version incorporates a TI DRV8834 driver and male headers and terminal blocks are included but not soldered. It can operate from 2.5 V to 10.8 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (or 2 A max with sufficient additional cooling).
The Tic family of stepper motor controllers makes it easy to add basic control of a bipolar stepper motor to a variety of projects. These versatile, general-purpose modules support six different control interfaces–USB for direct connection to a computer, TTL serial and I²C for use with a microcontroller, RC hobby servo pulses for use in an RC system, analog voltages for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick, and quadrature encoder for use with a rotary encoder dial–and offer many settings that can be configured using our free configuration utility (for Windows, Linux, and macOS). This software simplifies initial setup of the device and allows for in-system testing and monitoring of the controller via USB (a micro-B USB cable is required to connect the Tic to a computer).
The Tic family currently has two members: the Tic T825, which operates from 8.5 V to 45 V, and the Tic T834, which operates from 2.5 V to 10.8 V. Both can deliver up to 1.5 A continuous per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow.
Tic T825 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller, bottom view with dimensions.
Tic T834 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller, bottom view with dimensions.
Features and specifications
- Open-loop speed or position control of one bipolar stepper motor
- A variety of control interfaces:
- USB for direct connection to a computer
- TTL serial operating at 5 V for use with a microcontroller
- I²C for use with a microcontroller
- RC hobby servo pulsesfor use in an RC system
- Analog voltage for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick
- Quadrature encoderinput for use with a rotary encoder dial, allowing full rotation without limits (notfor position feedback)
- STEP/DIR inputs for compatibility with existing stepper motor control firmware
- Acceleration and deceleration limiting
- Maximum stepper speed: 50,000 steps per second
- Very slow speeds down to 1 step every 200 seconds (or 1 step every 1428 seconds with reduced resolution).
- Six different microstep resolutions: full step, half step, 1/4 step, 1/8 step, 1/16 step, and 1/32 step
- Digitally adjustable current limit
- Optional safety controls to avoid unexpectedly powering the motor
- Input calibration (learning) and adjustable scaling degree for analog and RC signals
- 5 V regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Optional kill switch inputs
- Connects to a computer through USB via a USB A to Micro-B cable(not included)
- Free configuration software available for Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Comprehensive user’s guide
Details for item #3132
The Tic T834 is based on the DRV8834 IC from Texas Instruments. It can operate from 2.5 V to 10.8 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A continuous per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (the peak current per phase is 2 A). This version is sold with connectors soldered so no soldering is necessary to use it.
Tic T834 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller (Connectors Soldered).
A version is also available with header pins and terminal blocks included but not soldered.
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Tic Stepper Motor Controller User’s Guide
- Dimension diagram
- MPS MP6500 stepper motor driver datashee
- Texas Instruments DRV8834 stepper motor driver datasheet
- Texas Instruments DRV8825 stepper motor driver datasheet
- TB67S249FTG datasheet
- Further products by Pololu Electronics